The old Village Hall was opened in 1881. It had a stage and was used for a large number of events – concerts, fund raising sales, meetings, parties and wedding receptions.
It was demolished in the 1960s to make way for redevelopment.
A Steering Committee and a Fund-Raising Committee were set up to help organise the re-building of a new village hall. The County Council allocated land at West Square which was previously the site of the Garibaldi pub, Bakers Garage and F W Jones (carpenters and undertakers).
The new complex would house the Iver Village Infant School, Kings Church and the village hall committee rooms. The Hall itself would be a shared use facility with the School and is managed in conjunction with the School and the County Council.
On 13 June 1979 a public meeting was held at Iver County Combined School (now the Junior School) to approve the Constitution of the Iver Community Association and to elect a Management Committee for the new Iver Village Hall.
The official opening of the new village hall took place on 8th July 1980. One of Ivers’ most distinguished former residents, HRH Princess Alexandra, the Hon Lady Ogilvy SCVC who used to live at Coppins in Bangors Road and who was held in great affection by many Iver people who remember her as a little girl shopping in the Village, officially opened the new West Square complex.
HRH Princess Alexandria returned to the Hall to commemorate the 20th anniversary of its opening on Saturday 22nd July 2000.
The Management Committee have recently overseen a refurbishment of the premises after nearly 40 years of use. New floors, windows, paintwork, hall curtains, toilets, hall chairs and other works – some of which are ongoing – have been done.